Currently browsing category

Community, Page 3

Skip Martin Collaboration Benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital | WATCH NEW VIDEO!

Skip Martin Collaboration Benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital

Grammy-winner Skip Martin is leading a dynamic and heartfelt crusade, with 29 major recording artists that have joined together, to aid the children of St. Jude and their families that have been directly affected by COVID-19.

Carlos Santana & Cindy Blackman Santana Join 2TSpark on New Single “It’s My Body” | WATCH NEW VIDEO!

Carlos Santana & Cindy Blackman Santana Join 2TSpark on “It’s My Body,” A Rallying Call For Women’s Reproductive Rights

SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 16, 2022 – In the historic tradition of using music to fuel collective action, longtime musical collaborators and bandmates Tracy Blackman and Tina “Bean” Blaine — performing together as 2TSpark — announce the release of their song “It’s My Body” on September 17.

MasterClass Announces John Legend to Teach Songwriting | WATCH NEW VIDEO!

MasterClass Announces John Legend to Teach Songwriting

In anticipation of his upcoming album, “Legend,” the 12-time Grammy Award winner shares his process for writing songs that inspire and impact the world

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best across a wide range of subjects, today announced that John Legend will teach a class on songwriting.

Otis Redding Foundation to Host Weekend of Events Celebrating 81 Years of Otis Redding on Sept. 9th-10th, 2022

Otis Redding Foundation to Host Weekend of Events Celebrating 81 Years of Otis Redding

Concerts will feature GRAMMY Award winner Robert Glasper, GRAMMY Award nominee Mickey Guyton, The War and Treaty, Monophonics, and more

MACON, Ga., Aug. 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Otis Redding Foundation will celebrate Otis Redding’s legacy on what would have been the Soul singer’s 81st birthday.

“Remember Me: The Mahalia Jackson Story” Will Open The 2022 Pan African Film & Arts Festival on April 19th, 2022

“REMEMBER ME: THE MAHALIA JACKSON STORY”, STARRING LEDISI AS THE “QUEEN OF GOSPEL” ALONG WITH AN ALL-STAR CAST, WILL OPEN THE 2022 PAN AFRICAN FILM & ARTS FESTIVAL IN LOS ANGELES, CA

Los Angeles, CA – “Remember Me: The Mahalia Jackson Story” starring Grammy winner Ledisi, and an all-star cast including Columbus Short, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Janet Hubert, Vanessa A. Williams, Corbin Bleu and Keith David, has been chosen as the opening night film for the 2022 Pan African Film & Arts Festival.

Otis Redding Foundation Announces New Center for the Arts & Amphitheater

Otis Redding Foundation Announces New Center for the Arts & Amphitheater

MACON, Ga., March 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Otis Redding Foundation is excited to announce the planned 9,000 square foot Otis Redding Center for the Arts and Amphitheater located in a place that is famous for its musical talent and heritage. It is envisioned as a central destination for youth educational programs in music and the arts.

Singer Ne-Yo Set To Host 2022 Urban One Honors on MLK Day – January 17th, 2022

Ne-Yo Set To Host 2022 Urban One Honors on MLK Day – January 17th, 2022

Urban One Honors Presented By T-Mobile Announces Icon Recipients Of This Year’s Showcase Including Jennifer Hudson, Timbaland, Jimmy Jam And Terry Lewis, Gamble And Huff & Tasha Cobbs Leonard

SILVER SPRING, MD. (PRWEB) DECEMBER 09, 2021 – Today, Urban One announced the superstar group of honorees for the upcoming URBAN ONE HONORS including Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Lifetime Achievement; Timbaland, Music Innovation; Gamble and Huff, Living Legends; Tasha Cobbs Leonard, Inspirational Impact; and Oscar, Grammy and Emmy Award-winning Jennifer Hudson, Entertainment Icon.

Motown/UMe & Paralyzed Veterans of America Honor Veterans Release New Animated Video for Marvin Gaye’s Classic Song “I Want to Come Home For Christmas” | WATCH!

Motown/UMe and Paralyzed Veterans of America Honor Veterans with New Animated Video for Marvin Gaye’s Classic Song, “I Want to Come Home For Christmas”

NEW YORK and WASHINGTON, Nov. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — In honor of Veterans Day and America’s veterans and servicemen and servicewomen, Motown/UMe and Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA), have teamed up to premiere a new animated video for Marvin Gaye’s poignant holiday masterpiece song, “I Want to Come Home For Christmas.”